I want you to pretend that we’re hanging out together at our favorite coffee shop. We’ve got our latte’s in front of us and I’m sitting across the table from you when and I look up and say, “Girl, you are overdue for some pampering ‘me’ time!”
I stand up, take your hand and proclaim that today is all about you. We’re going to create a space for you to refuel, recharge and treat yourself like the amazing woman you are!
We go to our favorite bath and body store. You buy some bath oils, a luxurious new robe and maybe those little things they put between your toes when you get a pedicure. Yes! We’re going all out for your much-needed self-love at home SPA DAY!
How is this sounding so far? Pretty good, right?
But now, let’s imagine that I’m not there with you, encouraging you to take care of yourself. How likely do you think you are to actually do it? I’m thinking the answer to that question is, “Not very likely.” Let’s change that!
Self-Love fuels the soul.
It really is that simple. When we make ourselves a priority, we can more easily make others feel important as well.
If you have difficulty putting yourself first, here are some Self-Love Day suggestions that will fill you up and make you sparkle.
- Write yourself a love letter! Describe everything that you love and find amazing about yourself. Tell yourself how proud you are of all that you’ve accomplished. Make it fun by using your favorite pen and some pretty paper. If any negative speak comes into your head, physically flick it away from your body and keep writing!
- Make a homemade sugar body scrub. Mix together honey and raw sugar and rub this on your body while in the shower. As you brush away all the dead skin, imagine that you’re also brushing away all the negativity that has been clinging to you, making it difficult to feel lovable and open. Doing this will make you feel fresh, polished and pretty.
- Have an “I Love You” bath or shower. Get a white soap like Dove and work it into a lather all over your body. You should be able to ‘write’ on your body and see it. Write “I love you” on your arm, and say out loud “I love you, arm, you help me hold the hand of my partner,” or “you helped me cradle my children.” Praise that body part for all it allows you to do. Do the same to your breasts, belly, your legs, even your bottom! When you’re done praising every body part, lovingly wash off the soap. You will feel so much love for your body.
- Give your hair a loving treatment! Wet your hair and rub several tablespoons of Coconut oil into your hair and scalp. Then wrap it in an old towel and let it sit for a few hours. While you’re waiting, get back into that juicy book you never finished or watch a movie. Wash your hair as you normally would. It will feel silky and nourished!
- Give yourself a mani or pedi or both! You can buy DIY kits at most drugstores. Paint your nails a bright SELF LOVE pink and every time you look at your handiwork, you will feel that love!
Try to make time for one of these Self-Love Days at least once a month. It doesn’t take much effort to create one and there are no rules. Do anything that resonates with you and makes you feel good.
The words we speak to ourselves are very powerful!
Dr. Masaru Emoto’s studies show that the way we speak to ourselves carries its own energetic weight. In one of his experiments, there were two glasses of water drawn from an identical water source. On each glass were written words. One glass had positive messages and the other, negative. The water was left to sit for a while and later viewed under a microscope.
What they discovered is astounding!!
The molecules of water in the glass with positive words looked like snowflakes. They reflected like beautiful prisms. The water molecules in the glass with negative words were shockingly black and yellow. They looked horrible.
So on your Self-Love Day make sure that you’re using only words of love.
Let’s share our Self-Love days! What do you have planned to let yourself know how much you care?