Every day you are going to be faced with situations that challenge your ability to stay calm and centered. Do you ever wonder what it would take to stay in a state of consistent peace? To be teflon to triggers, neutral to negativity, non-attached to naysayers? It’s possible when you tune into your hearts inherent blueprint for love, joy and happiness.
But what if you don’t know how to do that? You might be saying, “I don’t know the first step of how to tune into my hearts knowing and it’s frustrating – I get reactive and then obsess about what happened or things that I’ve said I wished I hadn’t and feel stressed and crummy”.
If you can relate to this it’s a good indication that somewhere along the way you’ve stopped loving YOU. The good news is you have total empowerment to remedy this situation immediately. It does not depend on anyone else. Hallelujah!
All you have to do is start renewing your relationship with you by practicing more self-love.
Why this matters to you:
Once you’re pouring more love into you, other people and situations won’t trigger you as much. AND – if you want a deeply connected loving relationship with someone else you’ll need to have a solid partnering with yourself first. So you want to be sure you’re good with you – that you love, honor, trust and respect yourself first and foremost.
Take this simple Self-Love quiz to find out where you stand with you:
- Are you your biggest and brightest fan or your own worst enemy blaming yourself for your difficulties and criticizing your behaviors?
- Do you applaud your accomplishments or do you look at what you didn’t get done and make that your focus – feeling bad about yourself?
- When you are tired do you stop to nurture yourself or do you push yourself harder with nothing ever being good enough?
- When you ask yourself, “Do I value myself as much as I value my children or best friend?” is it a yes or a no?
If you relate more to the second half of the question you are not loving yourself too well or showing compassion towards yourself.
Here are some tips for developing self-love:
Write yourself a love letter. I mean really gush all over you. Dig for diamonds. Get out your pick, put on your mining hard hat and start excavating. If this is hard for you or draw a blank as a friend or family member to help you discover your dazzle.
- Combat the critic. Ah yes, the stealth committee of your mind—always at your service to run you over the coals. When they show up en force simply say, “Thank you for sharing, but no thanks! I choose to live with brilliance not bullying.”
- Speak your truth—at all times, no matter what. Even if you think the conversation will be hard, show up with honesty and come from love. This honors who you are as well as the recipient.
- Practice self-care. Listen to your body and take care of your needs! Eat when you are hungry, sleep when you’re tired, get a massage, exercise, indulge in a mani pedi, and kick destructive habits like alcohol, drugs, and food abuse. You may need a village to help you and that’s ok. Don’t be afraid to reach out.
- Accept yourself—no matter what your race, color, height, or gender, just accept the facts. You cannot change these things. Choose to celebrate everything you are instead of pining for what you are not.
- Find evidence that supports how wonderful you are
Ultimately when you fall in love with you, your world will too:)) Fortunately returning to love is easy when you realize that love is and always has been within you all the time. This is your Diamond Power – your sparkling essence that is uniquely you. Connect with it now!