If you found February to be less romantic than expected you are not alone. Many women confided they felt disappointed and disconnected (especially those in relationships). So today I want to share with you the key to a love life full of passion and soul-to-soul connection. It’s powerful. It’s sacred. It opens the gateway to intimacy.
Wanna know what it is…?
It’s actually quite simple…
TOUCH….absolutely key to feeling connected. It engages the senses God gave us for our emotional and physical well-being and pleasure, and is a powerful way to express what we cannot say. Yet still, we are a touch-starved society.
Don’t get me wrong; women love to hear the words, “I love you”, but touching launches relationships into intimacy by directly accessing the emotional self. Words are processed in the thinking part of the brain, while touch is processed by the emotional centers.
Endorphins, released by touching your lover or your own beautiful body, flow through the body creating a sense of caring and pleasure while calming daily stress.
A worldwide study done in the 1960s monitored the number of touches couples shared at coffeehouses around the world. The results reveal the drastic cultural differences we apply to skin-on-skin contact. Puerto Ricans got the prize-touching 180 times an hour, while Americans adhered to a strict diet touching only twice within an hour.
Thus began some serious research on the importance of touch, leading to the discovery that the amount of skin-to-skin contact in our lives plays a crucial role in our happiness and vitality. The act of touching influences our ability to form close relationships with other people, to deal with stress and pain, and even to fight off disease. The hunger for touch may manifest as depression, anxiety, irritability, boredom, pain, moodiness as well as make you feel isolated, separate and lonely.
So many women complain that their relationships lack intimacy-much of it arguably because of our touch barriers. We are born with an intense hunger for contact. The emotional development of babies depends on tons of touching and as adults we have a strong need to be held in someone’s arms, to hold hands, to be cuddled and caressed. Yet, most people don’t touch as often as they would like-afraid of being rejected as being needy or vulnerable, they cover their need for intimacy with work, activities, TV, food, drugs and alcohol.
If you want intimacy, it’s time to break the touch barriers! And the first step to developing a successful, intimate relationship with your partner is to first build intimacy with yourself. Exploring every inch of your body will help you get to know what you like and what makes you feel good. Once you’ve got this down, you can reach out to your partner with confidence to create the closeness you crave.
With all these fantastic reasons to bring touch into relationships let’s take a look at 7 ways you can incorporate touch into your life.
- Kissing: A 20-second kiss will raise his testosterone levels and make you feel closer.
- Moisturize head-to-toe: Applying lotion to your body guarantees that all of your skin will be touched and rubbed. For an added calming effect, use an aromatherapy lotion scented with lavender.
- Yoga: This popular fitness trend offers many of the benefits of touch because the poses involve rubbing limb against limb. Some Iyengar yoga classes also include a partnered practice-a great way to get your RDA of touching.
- Hugging: Full-body hugging increases closeness, connection and safety.
- Massage: The shoulders, hands and feet create an emotional release when touched. New York-based sex therapist Mildred Witkin suggests couples should practice touching in a way that is not explicitly sexual to keep intimacy and playfulness alive.
- Two to Tango: Dance classes are a great way to meet new people, and have your hand and waist held all evening long. Contact your local YMCA or dance studio for schedules.
- Back Rubs: Studies show that a daily back rub drastically reduces anxiety and creates positive changes in attitude.
Whether you are in a relationship or not, take the time to nurture yourself or your partner with some loving touch – it’s your gateway to intimacy, providing a powerful, solid message of care, support, acknowledgment and love.
As a 21st century woman, you are busy and life can feel hectic. We are hardworking women and we’re all moving so fast rushing from one thing to the next. But, whew! It’s exhausting and stressful.
Could it be that we’ve become too busy?
When we move at this break neck pace, it causes us to lose touch with something special: our pleasure and sensuality. We forget to savor, enjoy, and really experience the best parts of life.
As one of the hosts for the radio show, Loving Your Sensual Side, I recently interviewed my friend and colleague Deonesea La Fey on how a woman can live in her sensuality in day to day life.
Get ready to turn up your enjoyment factor! ==> Listen to Deonesea’s interview now
In this interview Deonesea delivers critical tips to interrupt the patterns we have that keep us stressed so we can consciously choose more pleasure, joy & sensuality.
This interview is not to be missed!
Click here to access the replay page ==> Live in Sensuality Day to Day
Are you ready to enjoy life and break free from stress? Great! Here is an action step you can do right now! Contact me to schedule a complimentary sensuality and joy strategy session.
As one of the hosts for the radio show, Loving Your Sensual Side, I recently interviewed my friend and colleague Shana James who believes that if you’re not getting what you want, then you’re not actually living YOUR life.
Wow, think about that!
Are you living a life of pleasure, passion, fun and fulfillment? Can you boldly express, “This is MY life and I love it”?
In the spirit of making 2014 your best year ever, I challenge you to step outside of your comfort zone to experience MORE. I want you to be that woman who is magnetic to everything she wants.
So, get ready to turn on your magnetic power! ==> Listen to Shana’s interview now
I’m so excited to share this radio interview with you because Shana really delivered the goods! I want you to drink from the well of knowledge so you feel awake and sensual and fully charged.
The title of the interview is, How To Slide Into Your Sensuality!
Enjoy the fun as Shana and I cover aspects of sensuality and femininity that include moving beyond fear, the secret to attracting love, and action steps to enjoy playtime.
This interview is not to be missed!
Click here to access the replay page ==> Slide Into Your Sensuality
Have you unknowingly closed off your heart creating a barricade against love?
We all want to experience true connected love. Being in a healthy, loving relationship is a rewarding and fulfilling life experience. But sometimes, without even realizing it, women can close off their heart and block out love.
How does this happen?
To find out how you may be unconsciously blocking love and to learn powerful secrets to remove your blocks and invite love in… read the full article here.
Have you ever caught your man checking out another woman? Do you wish he’d stop noticing other women and rekindle his interest in YOU?
In this video I’ll share 3 tips that you can use to rev up your sensuality. Using these tricks will ensure that his attention won’t stray because you’ll become so playful, fun and sensual, he’ll only have eyes for you.
If you’re ready for attention and affection, watch this video.
To get access to the guided visualizations I mention, use this link Sensuality Meditation
Has your sex life become routine and rather boring? If you’re looking for ways to spice up your so-so sex life you are not alone girlfriend! Droves of women (many of them over 40) are looking for ways to reinvigorate their once steamy sex life.
Watch my video as I answer a client who questioned, “What’s the trick to getting a stick-in-the-mud husband to be more sexually adventurous? Since turning 40 my sex drive is so much better and I want to have more fun. How can I get him to join me?”
I’ll reveal a way to surprise your man and invite play back into your bedroom. Get ready for some fun!
===> Click here to watch the video “How to Have More Sexual Adventure”
Put down the celery and strap on some stilettos!
Fortunately, sex appeal isn’t all about weight. Ladies here’s an article Your Tango asked me and a few other experts to contribute to giving suggestions about how you can feel irresistible at any dress size, and here’s what we had to say:
1) Wear your best color. The right color for you makes you look vibrant, happy and beautiful. It might not be your favorite color, so find out by standing in front of a mirror and holding different fabrics near your face. Then, you will see stunning effects! When in doubt, trust the Chinese medicine tradition: pinks, reds and oranges regulate joy and harmony.
2) Follow your passion. Nothing is more irresistible than someone who believes strongly in a worthy cause and devotes her time and energy to it. If you love animals, check out your local animal shelter for volunteer opportunities, or, if your passion is to help those in need, spend a few hours per week at a local soup kitchen. Your sense of fulfillment is a vehicle for personal growth that will also up your level of irresistibility.
3) Be interested. Who doesn’t love to talk about themselves? Take the advice of Dale Carnegie and get into the habit of being on the receiving end by developing your listening skills and showing a genuine curiosity in what your partner has to say. When they trust that they’ll be heard, understood, supported and maybe even challenged by your questions, they’ll naturally want to spend time in your company.
4) Make no excuses. Accept who you are, as you are. Whether or not you hope or plan to lose weight, this is where you are right now in your life. If you want to live feeling whole, empowered and fulfilled, then you need to focus only on what you want, not what you don’t want, or don’t have or wish was different. Focus only on that which you can do, and then whether or not what you are doing is moving you in a positive direction. A positive, clear outlook on yourself and your life will do more toward making you attractive than any diet.
5) Be playful.
Opening up to playfulness frees the creative expression of your soul and brings to life your charisma, magnetic charm and vibrancy. Unleashing your fun, feminine spirit gives you that glow that money can’t buy, making your attraction factor larger than life!
6) Get out and move. Besides burning calories, getting out in nature for a hike or a walk in your neighborhood will increase your heart rate and blood flow which will give your skin a rosy hue and improve your mood. Nobody can resist a bright smile backed by a glowing complexion and positive energy!
Do you know how to fill yourself up with your most loving, sensual, playful self when life is coming at you like a tsunami? It’s ok, you can admit it, not many women do. Honestly most women aren’t schooled or mentored in how to do this – we are taught how to make other people happy, how to make money, how to sacrifice our needs and made to feel selfish if we want a more pleasurable life.
In truth you don’t have to change who you are to have what you want. Simply embrace these 7 tips to fill up with your God-given feminine, sensual self. When you make a commitment to show up fully in this charismatic essence you will experience a much more love-filled, happy life!
1) Moxie – become the leading lady of your life – no more settling for understudy. One of my clients, Jane, was tired of the “room mate” relationship her marriage had become and decided to step into what she wanted. While taking one of my playshops she tried out a few of the sensual poses she had learned. She didn’t let it bother her that she wasn’t getting the attention she wanted initially – instead she continued for her own pleasure and it was then that her husband locked eyes with her and they had the most passionate night in years. No coincidence that when she was confidently dwelling in the sweet spot of her magnificence she became irresistible!
2) Touch – becoming intimate with you is paramount to creating intimacy with others. So get started by experiencing your senses. Take some “me” time in a private environment (like your bedroom), light a candle, put on some music and lay down completely naked. Close your eyes and slowly touch every inch of your lovely body in a very sacred manner. As you run your hands over your legs, belly, breasts and arms notice the feel of your skin, the inner sensations, and the pleasure your body feels in being touched so lovingly. Appreciating your body in a non-sexual manner will help you get to know you and your sensual self.
3) Dance – again a private affair! You can do this one of two ways – either stand in front of a mirror and look at yourself or close your eyes and let the energy of the music come up through you, having its way with you. Do you trust yourself? Do you feel safe letting go of control? Give yourself permission to let go and let this energy fill you with sensual bliss within. Notice how you feel full and your edges start to disappear. A combination of the two is optimal, seeing the look in your eyes after you’ve allowed this energy to flow within is powerful.
A sensual woman embodies femininity in all its magnificence and is absolutely mesmerizing to those around her. She possesses a certain sparkling quality that radiates from the inside out.
Sensuality starts with a heightened awareness to pleasure. Not just the kind of pleasure found in the bedroom, (although important 😉 — it’s also seeking to find enjoyment in all things. Thus sensual women have more sex, experience more pleasure in life, and feel at peace with who they are.
Sounds good, right?!
It is good. In fact, it’s better than good, it’s blissful!
Studies have shown that women who are exceptionally sensual live for the moment and are not stuck in the past or pre-occupied with the future. They take pleasure in life moment by moment delighting in the fullness of each experience.
Sensuality at its core is enjoyment; enjoyment of experiences, people, intimacy, and most importantly enjoyment of self.
If you’re ready to get in on the action and access your sensuality, read on to discover the 3 secrets to being a sensual woman.
Because I hear from many of you that you desire to feel more shamelessly seductive and enjoy a more deeply satisfying sex life I knew you’d want to see this.
I am super excited because a special invitation has been given to me to be part of this FREE life changing event, Become Your Inner Siren: 21 Experts Share Secrets to Expressing Your Authentic Sensuality free telesummit. It features The Top Interviews In 2013 To Discover Your Path to Feeling Ultrafeminine and Embodying your Inner Seductress.
My friend, Deonesea, has brought together 21 leading experts to create a sensual feast that is designed to help you embrace your passion and pleasure and give you the freedom to be your sensuous self.
Imagine that today is your day and you can: