April is a month that always symbolizes sparkling renewal for me; a time when fresh ideas, actions and perspectives bloom endlessly. In other words, it’s the perfect time to envision your juiciest desires springing into life!!!
And yet there’s no getting around it: starting in our 40’s and for sure in our 50’s we begin to notice that we don’t feel as vibrantly alive and juicy as we used to. Let’s face it, when our hormones say sayonara lots of things start to change including our libido, sexual pleasure and body shape.
I remember thinking all I had to do was eat right and exercise consistently and my body would remain the same –WOW was I wrong! Ay yi yi after going through an early menopause, things not only shifted, they dropped, pouched, and spread seemingly overnight— it was either laugh or cry!
Beyond the body shifting what’s with the thinning brows and lashes? Even more alarming is the newfound thickets of nose hair and facial fur – shocking!!! If you let it, maintenance on this alone could be a full time job LOL!
Whether or not you are battling with a loss of hormones yet, there’s no escaping aging and its impact on our confidence and love life.
Fortunately there is a solution!
What I’ve learned and want to share is that no matter what is going on with you, your body and your libido, this is a time in your life when it’s important to accept and love yourself, honoring your body as the goddess temple it is, regardless!
This means spring-cleaning your thoughts of judgment and criticism – literally opening up the windows and tossing them out.
Letting thoughts and actions of adoration and appreciation replace them instead.
Here are a few tips to bring back your vibrancy:
- Look at your reflection in the mirror and really get that you are a creation of perfection. You are beautiful! Gaze in your eyes and say, “I love you” over and over again until you FEEL this Truth.
- Make a list of at least five things you like about your body and carry that list with you. Have it on hand so you can quickly pull it out whenever you need to remind yourself how incredible you are. Remember, focus only on your fabulousness!
- Every day before you get up in the morning Circle your hips and breathe deeply into your pelvic heart center to WAKE UP your sensual Self. This connects you with your feminine essence
- Notice your thoughts and words. Keep a journal identifying the most common thoughts you have and make a conscious decision to turn around negative thoughts and choose more empowering thoughts
- Dance to music you find rhythmic and sexy
All of these actions require an awareness of your self-talk and inner thoughts.
Why is this important for you?
Because the words we say to ourselves carry an energetic vibration that creates our feelings about ourself and our behaviors and ultimately our results in life – very powerful!
Have you heard of Dr Masaru Emoto?
His studies show that the way we speak to ourselves carries its own energetic weight. For instance, in one of his experiments conducted with words and music there were two glasses of water, drawn from an identical water source.
On each glass were written words. One glass had positive messages written on it like love, joy, beautiful. The other had negative messages like hate, sad, ugly. The water was left to sit in the glasses for a while then the water was looked at under a microscope.
What they discovered is astounding!!
The molecules of water that were in the glass with the positive words scrawled on it looked like snowflakes, they were beautiful, and reflected light like prisms. BEAUTIFUL.
On the other hand, the water molecules that were left to sit in the glass with the negative messages written on it, when they were examined were shockingly black and yellow and looked horrible!
Our body is over 70% water – so our thoughts are impacting our overall health and well-being greatly.
So ladies, although aging brings changes and is not always fun, we can empower ourselves with positive solutions, like the ones outlined above, to stay vibrant, juicy and ALIVE!
To your radiance!