Have you ever gotten reactive and then obsessed about what happened or the things you wished you hadn’t said? It’s probably safe to say that this has happened at least once to each of us, and it leaves us feeling stressed and crummy,
Now, imagine staying in a state of consistent peace, being Teflon to triggers, neutral to negativity, and non-attached to naysayers.
This can be possible when you tune into your heart’s inherent blueprint for love, joy, and happiness.
But what if you don’t know how to do that?
All you have to do is start renewing your relationship with yourself is practice more self-love.
Once you’re pouring more love into you, other people and situations won’t trigger you as much. AND – if you want a deeply connected, loving relationship with someone else, you’ll need to have a solid partnering with yourself first. So you want to be sure you’re good with yourself – that you love, honor, trust and respect yourself first and foremost.
So, where do you begin?
First, take this simple Self-Love Quiz to find out where you stand with yourself. Then, scroll down for some tips you can use to develop self-love.
The Self-Love Quiz
1. Which one are you?
A. Your biggest and brightest fan
B. Your own worst critic
2. Are you more likely to _______?
A. Applaud your accomplishments
B. Focus on what you didn’t get done and feel bad about yourself for it
3. What do you do when you are tired?
A. Stop to nurture yourself
B. Push yourself harder
4. Do you value yourself as much as you value your children or best friend?
If you answered more A’s than B’s, you know how to love yourself. Keep up the great work!
If you answered more B’s than A’s, you are not showing yourself the love and compassion that you deserve.
Here are some tips for developing self-love:
- Write yourself a love letter. I mean really gush all over you. Dig for diamonds. Get out your pick, put on your mining hard hat and start excavating. If this is hard for you, ask a friend or family member to share what they love most about you.
- Combat the critic. Ah yes, the stealth committee of your mind—always at your service to run you over the coals. When they show up in force simply say, “Thank you for sharing, but no thanks! I choose to nourish my mind with loving thoughts not bullying.”
- Speak your truth—at all times, no matter what. Even if you think the conversation will be hard, show up with honesty and come from love. This honors who you are as well as the recipient.
- Practice self-care. Listen to your body and take care of your needs! Eat when you are hungry, sleep when you’re tired, get a massage, exercise, indulge in a mani-pedi, and kick destructive habits like alcohol, drugs, and food abuse. You may need a village to help you and that’s ok. Don’t be afraid to reach out.
- Accept yourself—no matter what your race, color, height, or gender, just accept the facts. You cannot change these things. Choose to celebrate everything you are instead of pining for what you are not.
- Find evidence that supports how wonderful you are.
Ultimately when you fall in love with you, your world will too:))
Fortunately returning to love is easy when you realize that love is and always has been within you all the time. This is your Diamond Power – God’s Divine love. Connect with it now!
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page